Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

On The Hunt...Job Hunt That Is

Hello again,

Two posts in one day? Your eyes aren’t deceiving you…this is the procrastinator in me coming out. I have been terrible at keeping up with our blog and in a guilt-induced state have tried to make up for it by double posting on our blog in one day.

I am so excited to share with you all that last Tuesday I accepted a job with the UGA State 4-H Office as a program assistant. Although nothing official has been filed, and no paperwork has been signed (we are currently waiting on my background check to be returned before I receive a start date) I am excited to being this new chapter and start a truly “adult” job in Georgia.

I have spent the last few months looking for a job at UGA that would allow me to work full time, gain valuable work experience, expand my networks, and most importantly-be eligible for good health insurance and a retirement plan. I truly believe this job will allow me to do all these things, and the plus is that after six months of working for UGA you are eligible to waive tuition and take classes. This way, I am able to finish my PhD, while working full time for the university.

Although nothing is entirely official until my paperwork returns, I am super excited to begin work in the State 4-H Office in the next month or so, and begin my hopefully long and fulfilling career with Georgia 4-H!

Love and Air High-Fives,

Buck & Jenna

0 comments:

Post a Comment